Another must see destination while exploring South of Spain is Cordoba. Córdoba, also called Cordova in English, is a city in Andalusia, southern Spain, and the capital of the province of Córdoba. An Iberian and Roman city in ancient times, during the postclassical period, it became the capital of an Islamic caliphate.
Personally, when it comes to my own experience in Cordoba, I always pick the very local/boutique styles hotel. Location was more important to me. If you feel that you are seeking the same my recommendation would be:
– Hospederia del Atalia (You can find it on Booking.com)
One of the greatest things about the hotel is the neighborhood it’s in. It’s located in the Jewish Quarter which is where you want to walk around and take lotsa pictures.
Otherwise, other recommendations would be:
– Hotel Hospes Palacio del Bailio (on Booking.com or Splendia.com)
– Hotel Las Casas de La Juderia (on Booking.com or Splendia.com)
There is also B&B and apartment options, but I haven’t looked into any so I won’t be much help in such options.
What to do in Cordoba?
3. Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos! A historic site in Cordoba, the palace-fortress of the Christian Kings has tranquil gardens and fountains.
4. Casa Andalusi! A small museum that shows how Moorish Andalusians lived in the middle ages.
5. Los Patios del Alcazar Viejo! A place for beautiful pictures.
6. Biking Tour! Find out from your concierge they should know different biking tours, the best way to really explore anywhere is to bike around and really see it.
7. Posada Del Potro! Architectural Building
8. For food, the two restaurants that left a greaaatt impression and I recommend are: A) La Tranquera and B) Regadera
Take a camera; A good one. Take a beautiful picture, and email it to me 🙂