By Hello965 Friends:
A friend asked me if I have a list for Puerto Rico so I’ve asked a Puerto Rican friend to share his recommendations on things to do there.. Here it is:
6. Stay at one of the 6 star hotels (yes 6 as opposed to 5): These are the St. Regis at Bahia Beach and The Ritz Reserve in Dorado. Its the ultimate in luxury and relaxation with some of the best golf and private extensive beaches. It is also super expensive but if you have the cash it truly is a real treat. I personally like Ritz Reserve at Dorado more because the beach is nicer but at the St. Regis you have the rain forest right behind you
7. Tour of El Yunque: The rainforest, also happens to be the one with the highest elevation in the world. It is very pretty but can get crowded with tourist so try to go on a weekday and see if you can find a specialized private tour that can give you access to more secluded trails
8. Tour of Camuy Caves: One of the largest underwater rivers are here and some of the most breathtaking caves in the world
9. Eco Adventures in Utuado: Maybe the best preserved part of the island. Like the rainforest without the crowds. Also happens to be one of the finest coffee growing regions in the world. There are a multitude of different tours you can do from ziplining to tube tours on the river
10. Visit the traditional food shacks in Cayey in the center of the island. The main attraction is the roasted pork which i know you´re not fond of but when in Rome do as the Romans!
Finally, a BIG THANK YOU to my friend Ignacio Cortes for this amazing list! Hope to see you soon, Nacho!