I’m back to Formentera 10 years later to explore its beauty once again.. wow how things change in 10 years and how beautiful STILL this island is!
Formentera is a beautiful island in the Balearic archipelago of Spain, known for its pristine beaches and turquoise waters.
Before we dig into it, Formentera is mainly for beach, relaxing and downtime. The town is cute and also quiet. Don’t expect much here and if you’re looking to do active things maybe this is not the island for you!
This time, I’ve stayed on the island for three nights. Here are some hotels to consider if you’d like to stay on the island.
- Gecko Hotel & Beach Club (suitable for couples, quiet and direct access to the beach)
- Teranka (rustic, bohemien, i liked it alot but didn’t see the rooms)
- Head alot about a place called Casa Pacha
Here are some things and idea to do in Formentera:
- Formentera is known for its beautiful beaches, relaxing and sunbathing at one of the pristine stretches of sand is always a good idea. Some popular options include Playa Illetas, Playa de Migjorn, or Playa de Ses Platgetes.
- Explore after sunset the the picturesque town of Es Pujols!
- Book in one of the beach club restaurants for a late lunch that would extend into a sunset! (Juan y Andrea, Beso Beach) – If you need help, I do offer a consulting service through my company Hello Explorer
- Take a boat trip to the nearby island of Espalmador. This small uninhabited island is famous for its secluded beaches and natural beauty. Spend the morning exploring the island, swimming in its turquoise waters, and relaxing on its pristine shores!
- Visit the Cap de Barbaria lighthouse, located on the southernmost point of the island. Enjoy panoramic views of the rugged coastline and the Mediterranean Sea from this vantage point.
Remember, Formentera is a small island, and this itinerary allows you to experience some of its highlights. Feel free to adapt it based on your interests and the time available.
Enjoy your stay in Formentera!