Hotels in Madrid [Updated Feb, 2019]
Recently, I’ve seen a big change in the hotels game in Madrid. Loving them so much!!
Basically it depends how long you’ll be in Madrid, and the reason you’re going and based on that think about your hotel choice. How I see it, filter A would be if you are going with a family, or with friends, or solo. Filter B would be if you are looking for somewhere in the center (bearing in mind the crazy traffic, walking is excellent here especially if its your first time in Madrid), and finally if you want to stay away from the center, but in high end areas. There are also more options of course, but those two filters would make the choice easier.
That said, here are the options I like, heard about and read about:
Great Family, Groups of Friends Options:
- Gran Meliá Palacio de los Duques (Centro/Center) – The service has been excellent and rooms were spacious. Walkable to all center areas, 40 minutes walk to Serrano and Salamanca areas/metro is always an option too.
- Hospes Puerta ElCala
- Barceló Emperatriz – Salamanca area, I love this area personally away from the traffic and center, 30-40 minutes walk to center.
- The Principal Hotel Madrid – in the center, high end and beautiful.
- The Westin Palace – great family hotel located in the center
- H10 Puerta El Cala
- Hotel Barceló Torre de Madrid
Small group of Friends, Solo Options:
(reason I say small groups of friends is mainly because the rooms are not big)
- 7 Islas Hotel – In the center, modern, boutique and beautiful.
- Casa Suecia
- Petite Palace Savoy Alfonso XII
- Only You Boutique Hotel Madrid
- NH Collection Madrid Suecia – Located in the center (Rooftop lovers, don’t miss the rooftop here!)
- ME Madrid
- Hotel Villa Magna
- Urban Hotel Madrid
- Wellington Hotel
- URSO Hotel & Spa
If you’re looking to stay in an apartment, I recommend the website: http://www.spain-select.com/en_US , or airbnb.com