The last time I was in Singapore was a VERY long time ago. (I can’t even remember which year! Maybe 2007?)
For that and since my information might be outdated, I decided to gather information from all the other fellow travel bloggers, and travel websites to combine this list for you, based on my own taste! So let’s call this list a #hello965approved Singapore list ?
VISA: Kuwaiti Citizens do not need visa to enter Singapore
Currency: Singapore Dollar
1 Singapore Dollar equals 0.22 Kuwaiti Dinar
Singapore is both an island and a country
Population: 5.47 million (3.87m residents) – as of 2015
Languages Spoken: English, Mandarin, Malay, Tamil
About the weather… Singapore generally remains hot and humid all year round. Tourists visit throughout the year!
July-September: the festive season is around this time: Great Singapore Sale and the Singapore Food Festival take place during these months.
Feb-April: The months between the summers and winters are quite pleasant. Plenty of outdoor activities become available then.
November-January: The wettest (rainy) months are between November and January, when showers can last for long periods of time, while the hottest months are May and June.
Some things to do:
- Gardens by the Bay
- Orchards Road
- Singapore River (Singapore River Cruise)
- Take a walk along the Marina Bay Boardwalk
- Cable Car to Sentosa Island
- Checkout the graffiti walls: Haji Lane, Scape, Youth Park or Kampong Glam, and you will find an abundance of awesome murals and kaleidoscopic graffiti walls
- Visit the Singapore Art Museum
- Checkout Little India
- Checkout China Town
- Checkout the Arab Quarter: Arab Quarters, or also referred as Kampong Glam, is a laid-back artsy district famous for its traditional Arabic fabrics, wares, as well as a flourishing fashion and indie arts scene
- Trek Mount Faber
- Checkout East Coast Park, which is a favorite weekend getaway for locals and expats!
- Find Singapore’s Icon: THE FAMOUS MERLION which is a half fish half lion statue
- Ride the Singapore Flyer
- Visit Labrador Park
- Checkout The Chinese & Japanese Gardens
- Day tour/ cycling around PALAU UBIN
Hotels to consider:
Marina Sands Bay
Four Seasons Singapore
Fullerton Bay Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Hotel G Singapore
The Warehouse Hotel
The Fullerton Bay Hotel
The Quincy Hotel