- Posted: 24 October, 2018
- Category: Asia
Ultimate Luxury at the St Regis Vommuli Island | Hello965
The below is my personal experience at the St Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
Heads up: Drones are not allowed in the property for privacy reasons and since other guests have previously complained in different occasions, I was asked respectfully not to fly my drone.
How to reach the St Regis Island?
A 40-minute seaplane ride southwest from Malé airport, the new (In November 2018: 2 years old) St Regis hotel is located on a private atoll spanning more than 20 acres, surrounded by beautiful beaches and a secluded lagoon with sparkling turquoise waters.
The St Regis is located in the Southern Dhaalu Atoll. This Atoll is especially known for diving experiences. The Resort has been opened for 2 years only[from the date of my visit]
The design in the St Regis is very catchy and modern. Extremely beautiful architecture that flows through out the resort from the amazing Whale Bar that I’ve enjoyed so much during sunset to their lovely shaped boutique shop to the villa lines! The vibe is so elegant and friendly at the same time.
(As of Oct 2018)
There are different types of villas at the St Regis. The one I stayed in is a two floors villa with one master downstairs and 2 queen beds upstairs. They’re completely disconnected with doors and it’s an excellent family overwater villa, or even groups of friends
Other villa types i’ve seen were:
– The three bedroom beach villa.. super privacy, super luxury super everything. It’s own beach, 3 pools, cinema room, kitchen and more. Beautiful!
– Garden villas are available for those looking for full privacy, there are other overwater villas, beach villas which are beautiful and sunset overwater villas. Check the different types in which the rate also differs based on season.
– ALBA: which is the 24 hour dining option and main restaurant at the hotel. It is where you have breakfast as well. Good food, I loved our server who helped us almost during all our stay so thats a yes for good service with that waiter. The rest of the service is just like any other island/tropical destination which is not super fast, but good enough.
– Oriental: Loved it! It contains Japanese, Chinese and Indian Cuisines. We went for the ‘Family Menu’ which is basically a sharing menu from all cuisines. Dishes were excellent and we had a great time.
– Crust and Craft: we had those two for lunch mostly; burgers, pizza, tacos and some other fast options. Delicious!
The last restaurant was the Middle Eastern: Cargo. Coming from the Middle East, this restaurant was average for me.
The spa is another story. Just amazing! It is enormous, lobster-shaped and over water.. Paradise.
The interiors of the spa are very impressive, below you could see some pictures. The marine life could be observed through the glass floors.
The spa features 6 treatment rooms including two Ayurvedic suites with private steam rooms. All rooms feature private terraces with soaking bathtubs overlooking the loveliest views.
I’ve tried the signature 60 minutes massage and it was unforgettable. My therapist was so sweet with strong hands! Exactly what you would need for a massage.
The pool at the spa is NOT TO MISS. The most expansive hydrotherapy pool in the Maldives. I loved loved loved this Blue Hole!
– Yoga and other health classes / Fitness Facilities
– Boutique shop is available on the island.
– Kids Club available
– Spots Center; Kayaking, Snorkeling, Scuba and others.
What was very cute about this island as well is its size – it takes only 20 minutes more or less to walk around it. The resort offered complimentary bikes which also helps go around its smart layout.
Another highlight that I’ve seen during my visit, is their largest overwater villa in the Maldives; the John Jacob Astor Estate! Magnificent! Its layout takes over three areas. It features a two-story main villa with 3 pools, 3 bedrooms, cinema room, kitchen and more!
The St Regis is part of SPG (Starwood Preferred Guests). so if you are a member especially Gold or Platinum, you might want to explore offers and good money saving packages.
Finally, I’ll close off by saying little things make all the difference.. I loved the fact that upon arriving to the airport, the Lounge of the St Regis is just warm and loving. I liked it a lot and even though during our departure we had some wait, we felt very comfortable sitting at the lounge waiting until its time for counter check-in.
Very blessed and happy to see all this beauty. Thank you St Regis Maldives for the lovely experience.