- Posted: 11 October, 2018
- Category: North America
Whistler, British Columbia, Canada
My trip with Canada had multi-stops, one of which I really liked was Whistler!
One of my favorite visits in Canada was to Whistler (a day trip from Vancouver !). Keep in mind, I visited in Summertime-ish! So the town was just perfect for outdoor activities and especially mountain biking! For me, it was more about the place, the views, the experience and the hikes since it was a day trip.
How to get to Whistler? It’s around 1 hour 30 minutes drive;
- Daily, frequent shuttle transportation from Vancouver to Whistler.
- Rent a car, drive to Whistler
Things to see/do in Whistler:
- Peak 2 Peak Gondola Ride: to see the Whistler and Blackcomb mountains .. The gondola typically services skiers going to the mountain during the winter, as well as tourists who are excited to see the mountains from a completely new angle.
- Bear Spotting with a Bear Spotting tour.
- Farmer’s market every Wednesday and Sunday
- Whistler Mountain Bike Park for the Adrenaline Junkies. Whistler Mountain Bike Park has 70 fabulous trails that travel throughout three different mountain zones.
- Take a short hike from the Whistler Village down Valley Trail and find yourself on the coast of beautiful, blue, and tranquil Lost Lake
- Whistler Eco Tours: Whistler Eco Tours offers a tour called the River of Golden Dreams, which starts at Alta Lake and continues across the Whistler Wetlands to a glacier river and finally to Green Lake. The three-hour tour can be done by canoe or by kayak, and it can be self-guided, staff-guided for groups, or privately self-guided. Address: 4315 Northlands Boulevard, Whistler, Canada, Phone: 604-935-4900
- Whistler Valley Trail. Visitors can cycle, rollerblade, run, skate, or walk the 25-mile (40 km) trail. It is also popular for dog walking.
- Checkout Brandywine Falls Provincial Park which is located between Garibaldi and Whistler in British Columbia. The park is the home of Brandywine Falls, a 230-foot (70 meter) high waterfall that is a part of Brandywine Creek, whose origin is located in the Powder Mountain Icefield.
- Sea to Sky Waterfalls. The Sea to Sky Waterfalls is a group of waterfalls located along the Sea to Sky Route, which is located off Highway 99 out of Vancouver and just to the north of Whistler.
- Checkout Whistler Village
Checkout Whistler.com where you could find soooo many things too.
Some food options when in Whistler:
- Sachi Sushi
- La Cantina
- Sidecut at the Four Seasons
- 21 steps