Lately I’ve noticed many female solo travelers, which is amazing!! Personally, I choose not to travel sola (solo) cause i’m more of an ex·tro·vert and that’s all, but I know many friends as passionate and as crazy as me about travel, doing it frequently!
“Women underestimate their own abilities. We grow up in a world where powerful, independent, and ambitious women are frowned upon. Does anyone else find that incredibly sad?” – Yup. Don’t be scared to travel alone!
Aside from that, I encourage each and every girl to travel alone at some point in their lives.
Here are some tips for you, female solo travelers:
- Do your research.
- Always give someone your itinerary – your mom, your friend. No matter where you go, let someone know where you’re at.
- Consider buying a phone card that allows you to make calls from abroad.
- Value experiences: re-prioritize to be able to see as much as possible and get the most out of it.
- Adhere to local dress codes.
- Always carry your important documents with you.
- Never trust a taxi driver.
- Pack LIGHT.
- Pack a book
- 2 pair of jeans
- Leave high heels at home
- Take enough sanity supply with you
- Have a plan! it is good to know your basic itinerary in advance.
- Be active.
- Join a local tour.
- We all feel shy at times. However, travel is the time to come out of your shell.
- Don’t compare, just enjoy!
- Life is too short, make what makes you happy.
- It’s ok to get lonely sometimes but don’t let it hold you down.
- Try to always stick to bottled water – take care of your health.
- Talk to people you don’t know – Meet new people!
- Prepare and carry with you, a list of emergency contacts.
- Avoid nightlife.
- Always know how to get in touch with the nearest embassy or consulate.
And finally, Stay safe 🙂
Through the blonde abroad travel blog, I am re sharing her list of top 10 safest destinations for solo female travelers:
- New Zealand
- Costa Rica
- A cruise
In many parts of the world the role of women is to stay at home. I advise you to get out of your comfort zone, and see the world.