- Posted: 6 May, 2019
- Category: Europe
24 Hours in Oslo, Norway
Although all my friends advised me not to go to Oslo and just continue my way to the next stop in Norway, I did stop at Oslo and I’m glad I did! I always liked to form my own opinion rather than make a judgement based on others opinions (ofcourse, sometimes I do listen..). It all depends really and for Oslo and especially that its the capital of Norway, I really wanted to see it!
Hotels to consider:
Places to see:
- Ive tried to see the one thing that Ive read a lot about and in common in all the reviews I read online which was Grünerløkka, which is one of Oslo’s trendiest districts. So I made sure I allocate some time to go and walk around. I was there on in Easter and on a Sunday, so most of the shops were closed.
- Harbour – I’ve stayed at the Thief Oslo which was located right on the harbor, excellent location which gave me walking access to the entire harbor, I loved it and highly recommend a walk there!
- Vigeland Sculpture Park – This is also something I wanted to see. I asked my followers for their one recommendation in Oslo, and most of them recommended the Sculpture park and I did visit it. It was lovely!
- Opera House
That should be enough for 24 hours.. There are I’m sure other things to consider when in Oslo and if you have more time. My go to website to book tours in Oslo would be Viator.com – one of the tours that I spotted a lot online was the 2 hour Oslo Fjord Sightseeing Cruise. I would also as usual do sometimes when I don have time in cities; Hop on Hop Off bus. Walking Tours, Biking Tours or even Fishing .. All I read about online while researching!
Cafes & Others:
- I’ve also tried to find good speciality coffee places or breakfast places since Norway is one of the best countries to experience coffee, people there drink coffee ALOT. Given again the short time, Ive managed to go and see one coffee place (tiny, but I enjoyed spending a few minutes there before I went to catch my flight.) Cafe name: Fuglen
- Another cafe to checkout: Cafe Sor
- A burger place that was recommended is: ST. Lars
- Recommended Restaurant in Oslo: KATLAOSLO
- Another recommended restaurant is Astral Oslo
- A recommended Gelato place is GIOIA GELATO & CREPES