Albufeira, Algarve, South of Portugal
Algarve is Portugal’s premier holiday destination. Algarve stretches of the coast – in particular from Faro west to Albufeira – are heavily developed, though even here the beaches are first-rate, as are the facilities. Elsewhere in the Algarve, especially around Sagres and Tavira, the surroundings are more attractive, with laidback resorts and low-key development.
To the west of Vilamoura, you’ll find the rocky outcrops and cove beaches for which the Algarve is best known, especially around the main resorts of Albufeira, Armação de Pêra and Lagos. The coast becomes progressively wilder as you head west, where attractive smaller resorts include the former fishing villages of Salema or Burgau.
A beach destination with many different beaches, beach activities, restaurants and nightlife.
How to get there?
Airport: Faro International Airport
OR An easy drive from Lisbon to Albufeira in Algarve of about 2 hours 20 minutes.
Where to stay?
– O Pescador – Sublime Seafood Sensations
– La Cigale (Seafood)
– Alambique (Dinner)
– Yakuza by Olivier – Japanese Fusion
– O Grill – Mediterranean Flavours
– Beach Club Pine Cliffs by Olivier
– Castelo do Mar Bar, Restaurante (Mediterranean)
– La Palacete (Portuguese)
What to do?
2. Rent a Scooter, and Scoot Around.
3. Segway Tour
4. Caves and Dolphin Watching Trips
5. Rock Formations Tour & Sunset Cruise
8. Horseback riding
9. Golf – Known for its beautiful Golf Courses
10. Luxury Bootcamp – fitness
11. Quad Bike tours in Algarve countryside
12. Walk around and see Old Town
- You must rent a car – everything is not close to another, so a car makes alot of sense
- I would do Albufeira with another city in Algarve if there for 5 days or so. A typical stay in Albufeira would be a max of 4 nights (and even thats borderline alot…) – You could see Vilamoura as well for example
- English is widely spoken, the main language is Portuguese and they understand Spanish too
- Currency is Euro
- “Praia” means Beach
- To say Hi, you say Hola. To say Thank you (If you’re a female: Obrigada), If you’re a male: Obrigado) Just like saying it in Arabic “Motashakkir, Motashakkirah” ;p
- When to Go: The weather is warm enough to visit all year round.
Cheers & Have an awesome trip!!!