- Posted: 30 November, 2019
- Category: Oceania
Auckland for 2 nights!
Landed to Auckland and departing from Auckland too, the best rates I found were to Auckland so for sure why not see it?
Cosmopolitan Auckland, the largest Polynesian city in the world!
Visiting in November, I thought I’ll be welcomed by sunshine and summer weather; but not at all haha. Turns out in Auckland the weather changes every day (or multiple times during the day).
Queen Street is Auckland’s answer to London ’s Oxford Street, with most shops, bars and restaurants a short walk from here. I though don’t like to stay where everything is happening directly but it all dependent on many factors. For this visit, I decided to choose the Viaduct Harbour area or any hotel that in this area.
That said, here are some hotel recommendations:
- Sofitel Viaduct looks like a nice option!
- Hilton Auckland
- SO Auckland
- MOLLIES Boutique Hotel
- Heritage Hotel
- M Social – I stayed here, hip hotel, normal average service and great location. However, when I stayed here November 19, there was construction work happening which was a bit annoying for entry and exit and the noise in the morning. I don’t particularly recommend this hotel.
What to see/do?
Auckland Musem The Domain
National Maritime Museum
- I really liked the burger in Parasol and Swing Company, they have a super cool terrace upstairs!
- Industry Zen
- Odettes Eatry (Breakfast & Coffee)
- Hugo’s Bistro (Breakfast)
- The Gyoza Bar
- Hoppers Garden
- Saan (Thai)
- Bambina Newmarket Cafe
And again as usual, please add any other recommendations below in the comments if you feel that people should not miss out on!