- Posted: 19 March, 2018
- Category: North America
Barbados a country in the caribbean, an eastern Caribbean island and an independent British Commonwealth nation. Bridgetown, the capital, is a cruise-ship port with colonial buildings and Nidhe Israel, a synagogue founded in 1654. Around the island are beaches, botanical gardens, the Harrison’s Cave formation, and 17th-century plantation houses like St. Nicholas Abbey.
Barbados is a very beautiful island, with lots of art, activities, night life, music, history and some amazing restaurants.
Continent: North America
Currency: Barbadian dollar (and US dollars were accepted too)
Weather: Barbados weather is generally warm and sunny all year round with an average daytime high of 30°C / 86°F. In fact, Barbados has over 3,000 hours of sunshine each year!
Visa needed for Kuwaiti Nationals: YES, it is not enough to have a US visa alone, you need to apply for a Barbados visa. I did mine through the consulate of Barbados in Miami.
I liked when I saw that British Airways (ba.com) flies from Gatwick to Barbados! Barbados is served by many regional and international carriers including: British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Air Canada, WestJet, American Airlines, Jet Blue, Caribbean Airlines and LIAT. In addition, a number of charter airlines run services seasonally, including Thomas Cook Airlines from the UK.
The sole Barbados airport is Grantley Adams International (IATA Code: BGI). The Barbados airport is situated in the south-east of the island, approximately 13km (8 miles) from the capital city of Bridgetown, and also serves as a hub for the islands of the Eastern Caribbean.
Suggested Hotels in Barbados:
- Hilton Barbados
- The Crane Resort
- Sandy Lane Barbados
- Radisson Blu
- The Club Barbados Resort and Spa (Adults only, all inclusive)
Things to do in Barbados:
- Barbados Catamaran Snorkeling Cruise
- Harrison’s Cave Tour in Barbados
- There are around 60 beaches in Barbados, check them out here
- There are amazing beach clubs in Barbados such as Nikki Beach and Boatyard Barbados
- Checkout the town area. Don’t miss checking out Discovery Bay and Limegrove mall for shopping & eating!
- Try doing some Yoga or Paddle Yoga! research it and you’ll find it online
- Explore Barbados by Water
- Checkout the Barbados Boardwalk
- Checkout Animal Flower Cave
- cin cin
- St Lawrence
- Scarlet’s, Cariba, Daphne’s and for authentic Bajan food, Nancy’s
- Oistins (fish fry)
I stayed in Barbados for 3 nights only, and this is the list I came up with. If you have more recommendations, or questions please feel free to do so by adding in the below comments so everyone could benefit!
What To Pack?
- Bring light clothes suitable for the tropics – loose tops, shorts & dresses for the ladies, shorts and polos for the guys or linen caribbean style shirts.
- Some restaurants do have a dress code plus it’s nice to dress up sometimes even when on holiday! Good to keep this in mind.
- Casual slacks and lightweight sportswear for the times when you are not in a bathing suit.
- Pack comfortable shoes including sandals, flip flops and sneakers.
- Bring multiple swimsuits.
- Wide hats and caps will give your face additional protection from the sun.
- Sunglasses and sunblock.
- I had nasty mosquito bites (not much, but the little ones were gigantic) SO, repellent, repellent, repellent.
Thank you and enjoy another Paradise on this world ♡