- Posted: 26 February, 2018
- Category: Asia, Destinations
Kochi, Kerala, India
My previous visit to Kerala was an amazing road trip all around the coastal region up to the mountain! I’m so excited to visit again, but this time with one of the leading low budget airlines in Kuwait, Jazeera Airways! Jazeera had asked me to experience their newly launched direct flight to Kochi from Kuwait.
- Its a 4 hours (more or less) direct flight
- I flew on Jazeera Business, I was so impressed with how friendly the staff were
- I liked when I heard about the new airport for jazeera flyers opening in Kuwait!
- I experienced their exclusive gates and lounge in Kuwait Airport which was very convenient and away from the crazy busy gates.
- I learned about their Park & Fly service – where you get to park your car, do your boarding and papers then get transported to airport where you go directly to immigration! Brilliant! They charge 2.5 KD per day for this parking service.
In my last visit to Kerala, I did not have the time to explore enough of Kochi, so this time, I planned it in a way I get to see a bit of Kochi, and something else that’s close by. Here are my recommendations in Kochi:
Hotels in Kochi
I stayed at Crowne Plaza Kochiwhich was clean, good service. I’ve noticed many Arab nationalities especially Omanis, as well as British and Indians during my stay! It was an interesting diverse crowd.
–Taj Malabar Resort & Spa, Cochin
Things to do in Kochi
- Fort Kochi
- St Francis Church
- Chinese Fishing Nets
- Mattancherry & Jew Town
- Hill Palace
- Kerala Folklore Museum
- Marari Beach
- Wonder La (Amusement Park)
- Athirapally Waterfalls
PS. In fort kochi, do not miss the cultural dance show and the martial arts! I enjoyed them both a lot! Ask about Kathakali Dance Show
Some food recommendations:
- Kashi Art Cafe in Fort Kochi
- Art Cafe in Mattancheri
- Dinner in Crowne Plaza
Lulu Mall (been to it, nice big mall)
Bay Pride Mall
Gold Souk Grande
Centre Square Mall
Best Time to Visit Kerala is from September to March and monsoon is the best season for ayurveda. The rates are high from December 20 to January 5 which is the peak season and offseason in Kerala is from April to August and you can plan your visit accordingly and depending on your plans and preference.
If you guys plan to visit in the summer (when I went), make sure you pack the right clothing for the heat! I recommend light Cotton outfits; hats, sunglasses, sunscreen lotion etc.