Seville, Spain [UPDATED]
Last visit to Seville [April, 2023]
I recommended Seville as part of a trip to South of Spain Itinerary post, after my second visit to Seville, I’ve updated this post which could help you plan your next visit to Seville! Seville pronounced in Spanish (sevi”y”a). One of the most beautiful cities i’ve seen in the South.
- EME Hotel. A nice hotel recommended by locals, and in front of the cathedral.
- Hotel Casas de la Judería. In the historic city center. Lots of patios and nice views. (loved it)
- Hostal Callejon del Agua. A very small hotel but convenient and cute.
- YH Giralda. Near the EME hotel, very good location.
- Plácido y Grata
- Las Casas del Rey de Baeza
- Hotel Casa 1800 Sevilla
- Hotel Palacio De Villapanes – AlmaSevilla
- Hotel Amadeus
- Triana House
Walk around & Discover:
Tourist Spots and Attractions:
Must sees: Alcazar, Catedral and Archivo de Indias.Ofcourse, there is always the Hop-On Hop-Off bus/tour where you could by a ticket and use it to go around the city. I believe the ticket is valid for two days or such and you could easily get the ticket from either your hotel or the station of the bus.
Try to also see/do;
– I’ve taken an amazing segway tour with “ensegway” company. It passed by the old town, plaza españa, the gardens, cathedral – basically all the important spots.
-Barrio Santa Cruz
– Plaza de España
– Maria Luisa’s Park (there are old bulding from the Universal Exposure in 1929)
– Puente de Triana (Bridge) & walk around Triana
There are a few nice terraces and cafes to enjoy the view in the Plaza de America. If you’re into Flamence; Flamenco was born in Sevilla. You could arrange to learn & take Flamenco lessons. Otherwise, you could arrange with your concierge to book a Flamenco show with a dinner if you prefer. If you’ve never seen a flamenco show in your life, I highly recommend its fun and loud!!
I’ve visited the Flamenco Museum which is a museum with Flamenco shows, the BEST flamenco Ive yet seen. Amazing!
- Perro Viejo
- Carmela .. (in Calle Santa Maria La Blanca)
- La Chala-Fusion Tapas
- Abades de Triana
– Checkout EME Catedral Hotel Rooftop Terrace for sunsets.
– Check out Red House Art & Food: known as a creative art space, this cafe and performance venue is unique in Seville.
A small town near Seville to fans of Game of Thrones!
An option is to do a day trip to Ronda. You rent a car and drive there. Ronda is absolutely BREATH-TAKING. It was one of my favorites parts about Andalucia. If you don’t feel comfortable driving, there is an option where it could be arranged via a day tour that includes watching a bull-fight. For more information on this feel free to ask me and i shall provide you with the details.