- Posted: 22 May, 2021
- Category: Africa
Seychelles Weekend Guide ~ Hello965
I first wrote this post back in 2016 on my first visit to Seychelles. I’ve updated this post on my third visit to Seychelles, May 2021. If you have anything else to add, please go ahead and comment below! ♡
- Seychelles has 115 islands, of which, 3 of them are the inhabitant ones. The popular and most known islands in Seychelles are Mahe, Praslin and La Digue.
- No visa is needed for Kuwaiti Nationals
- Season: all year long destination
- Flying time: depending on your preferred route, it takes around 5 hours from UAE to Mahe island, Seychelles.
- In May 2021, where to enter Seychelles it is required to have a negative PCR test, apply for a health authorization online and a travel insurance that covers covid medical expenses. (https://seychelles.govtas.com/)
Mahe is the main Island of Seychelles. It is divided between hotels in the north like the Savoy, Hilton Northlome and others and the south, like the Four Seasons and Kempinski. For a better beach, it is recommended to stay in the south where all the beautiful beaches are. If you are going to dive, underwater life in the north is more recommended.
Hotels Hello965 would choose:
- MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa
- The Banyan Tree
- Four Seasons Hotel
- Hilton Northolme Resort & Spa
Not in Mahe but could be bundled with Mahe since they’re on a private island:
- Four Seasons Des Roches Island
- Hilton Silhouette
- Grand’Anse Beach
- Anse Royale Beach
- Beau Vallon
- Anse Takamaka
- Baie Lazare Beach
Activities to consider:
- See the Botanical Gardens
- A private day tour to see Praslin island and La Digue island
- Day/half day private tour to see Sainte Anne island
- Diving & snorkeling tours
In Praslin, Hotel I’d choose:
- Raffles Hotel
- Anse Lazio beach
- Anse La Blague
- Natural Park: Vallee de Mai
If you have the time to stay and swim in Praslin then I would advise you to do so. The beaches are absolutely stunning, and worth spending some time in.
La Digue Island
In La Digue, Hotel I’d choose:
- Le Domaine de L’Orangeraie
- Anse Source d’Argent
- Veuve Reserve
- Anse Cocos
Activities to consider:
- Biking around the island to see the vanilla plantation and the coconut making process
- (Copra Mill)
On a side note: I came across this hotel and it looks AMAZING for a honeymoon: Fregate
Island Private Seychelles
Needless to highlight, all honeymooners are advised to do their own research to fit their own liking, own taste, and a tailored pre-booked unforgettable personal experience.
Mr Eddie was our driver/taxi/tour guide! He took us everywhere, arranged for us everything from the day we arrived until we left.
Thank you Eddie, and I do recommend him.
UPDATE (MAY, 2021) – Eddie still works! I whatsapped him during my latest visit he wasn’t available but he arranged for his friend to pick-us up and take us beach hopping for around 6 hours and it costs us around EU 130 (there was 7 of us in the mini-van).