- Posted: 23 September, 2019
- Category: Asia
Taipei, the capital of Taiwan, is a modern metropolis with Japanese colonial lanes, busy shopping streets and contemporary buildings. [wikipedia]
If you’re a Kuwaiti national reading this, then Taiwan has one of the easy requirements for visa.. The visa needed is an E-visa for Kuwaiti nationals.
Website is: https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/BOCA_MRVWeb/
This post is about Taipei only, there are also nice areas to visit in Taiwan such as Jioufen and Taichung and Sunmoon Lake. Jioufen in particular is really cool even if its for a day trip!
Hotels in Taipei
- I stayed in Grand Hyatt, I really liked it!
- Another hotel I would’ve liked to try is the W Taipei
- Mandarin Oriental Taipei
- Shangri La Taipei
- Hilton Taipei
- Renaissance Taipei Shihlin Hotel
The best season to visit Taipei I read is during October and November. I visited during September, and it was still good!
Taipei was a great city to be in! Friendly people, they also spoke English almost everywhere I went, great shopping and lively spots. I also particularly really liked all the restaurants I tried in Taipei.
- My day was mostly spent around Taipei 101. The hotel was conveniently located around the Taipei 101 area, a few steps away there’s a bridge that almost connects the hotel to the shopping center, super easy and convenient.
Don’t miss the observation deck in Taipei 101 tower!
- I would also highly recommend to go walk around old Taipei center. The streets are so photogenic, small speciality cafes as well as cute boutique hotels. Not to miss!
- I was also told to try out the Elephant Mountain hike. It is an awesome hike that will give you an amazing view of the city and especially sunset time – I unfortunately wasn’t prepared for a hike, so I didn’t get the chance to do it BUT I sent out my drone to checkout the city; awesome drone shots and Taipei is drone-friendly! Actually, all Taiwan is drone friendly.
- CKS Memorial Hall is another must see when in Taipei. It is probably the second most recognizable building in Taipei is the Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall.
- Beitou Hot Spring Museum, Beitou Geothermal Valley (Hell Valley), soaking in a historic Japanese bathhouse or a private hot spring room.
- Hop of the Glass-Floor Gondola to Maokong
- If you’re there in spring, then find the cherry blossoms! 🌸
- Taiwan has a lantern festival, if you’re in luck you’ll be there during that time! (February 8,2020 is the next one!)
Another things to consider checking out while in Taipei:
- Tonghua Night Market.
- Shilin Night Market.
A restaurant I loved is Din Tai Fung, must must try!!