Your Berlin Guide
Berlin has two international airports: Tegel and Schonefeld. Your Berlin flight will most likely land in Tegel, as Schonefeld hosts mostly charter flights.
The three largest airlines at Berlin’s airports are airberlin, easyJet and the Deutsche Lufthansa.
Flights from Middle East: Etihad, Qatar Airways.
From the airport to Berlin’s main district “Mitte” is a drive of 25-25 minutes. The cost will be around 20-30 Euros.
When I visited Berlin, we were a group of 6. So, we were looking for apartments rather than hotels in Mitte area. We booked with INN SIGHT City Apartments which we found on booking.com.
If you’d like to look for your own hotel, or you’ve got other recommendations then the only advice i’d give you is to stay in “Mitte” area.
Some recommended hotels:
- Das Stue (Boutique luxury hotel)
- Waldorf Astoria Berlin
- Cosmo Hotel Berlin Mitte
- Hotel Adlon Kempinski Berlin
- Kempinski Hotel Bristol Berlin
Recommended by other travel websites:
- Karlito Apartments
- The Weinmeister
What to do
– Explore Berlin’s Jewish history – the holocaust memorial
– Walk the Berlin Wall
– Go to Checkpoint Charlie
– See Reichstag Building (Parliament)
– See Brandenburg Gate
– Rent a bike and explore the place – you either get a bike tour, or bike yourself and see the beauty of Berlin
– See East Side Gallery
– Museums are great!! You will find some of the most important ones all in one spot at the “Museumsinsel”
– Berlin Zoo
– Kurfürstendamm “shop till you drop!!”
-Paz D’Alma (design store)
– Garments (vintage shop)
White Trash Fast Food (American – Name aside, its really good!)
Cookies Cream (Vegetarian & Vegan)
Max und Moritz (German)
Oranienstrasse 162 (German)
Cafe Jacques (International)
Tim Raue (2Michelin star, fine dining)
Pauly Saal (Michelin Star)
Glass (fine dining)
Hugos (fine dining)
Cafe Aroma (breakfast)
Cafe Rix (breakfast)
Cafe Wintergarten I’m Literaturhaus (breakfast)
Business opening hours: Monday to Saturday (10AM-8PM)
Banks opening times are: Monday to Friday from 8 am to 12 noon and from 2 pm to 4 pm
Weather? It doesn’t matter which weather, Berlin is always worth visiting!