Your Playa Del Carmen, Mexico Guide
Playa del Carmen is a city located along the Caribbean Sea in the state of Quintana Roo in Mexico. I can’t get over this place. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.
1. How to get there?
– You arrive at Cancun International Airport – airport code: CUN
– Arrived at the airport? Passengers first clear Immigration then collect luggage for Customs and a possible inspection. Wait for instructions to press the red or green light that will determine whether you have been chosen for a search.
– Avoid offers for transportation inside the airport.
– To Playa Del Carmen, its around a 45 minutes to one hour drive (I arranged for a taxi pick-up from Cancun airport to Playa Del Carmen, driving is an option)
– Renting a car is a good idea for those who wish to tour areas such as Tulum, Cobá, etc. You must rent in advance and pick it up upon arrival. (contact us if you need us to help you reserve a car!)
Vouchers for taxis rides to Playa Del Carmen are on sale inside the main terminal. Taxis are private rides (quoted prices vary from $60-$90). Returning to the airport in a taxi is often less than the trip upon arrival.
(If you need further recommendations on what private companies to use for transportation, please feel free to drop us an email or contact us at our Contact Us form)
2. Where to Sleep?
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba
- The Fairmont Mayakoba
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya
- Pueblito Luxury Condo Hotel
- Viceroy Riviera Maya
- Blue Diamond Riviera Maya
- Casa Rebeka – Ocean Front Villa
- Luxury Villas
3. Other than staying at the hotel all day and enjoying my friends/spouse/significant other.. What to do?
- Cenote Chaak Tun (Cenote means the hole in the cave filled with water/ sink holes – you can swim)
- Cenote Chikin Ha
- Rio Secreto
- Xcaret theme park (excellent for families too!) – Underwater Trekking is awesome!!!
- Flyboard, and all other activities
- See Playa del Carmen’s main street, La Quinta Avenid. It runs parallel to the shore and serves as a pedestrian walkway
- Diving tours (Playa is one of the best places on the coast to dive)
- Xel-Ha day trip
- Tulum Day Trip
- Xplor Adventure Park
- Go to Mamitas Beach during the day (Fun, music, sun)
- Indigo Beach (beside El Taj Condo Hotel)
- Take a boat and go Snorkeling in Isla Mujeres
- Chichen Itza
For more, and personalized itineraries please drop us an email or contact us here.
- Diablito cha cha cha (loud, music, food) q
- El Tacombie (tacos, not a restaurant)
- Los Aguachiles (Mexican, seafood, casual but good food)
- Yaxche (Mexican)
- Chez Celine (Breakfast/Brunch)
- Como Como (Mediterranean)
- Mosquito Blue Restaurant
5. Other Stuff
– Whats near Playa Del Carmen?
- Puerto Aventuras
– Withdraw money from a local ATM as you will get the exact current exchange rate. Almost all stores will give you an unfavorable conversion rate
– If you love snorkeling, purchase your own gear and bring it with you on vacation. At many locations you can snorkel right off the beach anytime you want, saving tour fees
– When going out, put your money in an inside pocket or pouch, where it isn’t visible
– Phone? There is a “data” phone. I got mine from Mexico City, and used it in Playa Del Carmen and different parts of Mexico
6. Switch off your phone, switch on your camera, and e-n-j-o-y.