- Posted: 9 July, 2018
- Category: Europe
Megeve in Summer, French Alps
Loved seeing Megeve in Summer! I want to start this post buy RECOMMENDING this destination in summer for sure! Totally different than winter yet as beautiful and as charming.
Thank you the Tourism Board of Megeve to have given me to see all this beauty in France ♡
Hotel of visit: Four Seasons Megeve (my personal rating: 12/10)
We arrived to Megeve through Geneva, where we landed to Geneva airport, and had planned for a car to pick us up (From the french side in Geneva Airpot), and drive us to our hotel.
The drive was around an hour and 20 minutes give or take. There are other options other than taking a direct transfer (which are cheaper options), is a train, or to take a bus to the nearest station to Megeve, and from that station (The station I was booked on is Sallanches Station, and the bus was called OuiBus – the bus in Geneva is in Gare Routiere) is take a taxi or a transfer to the airport.
Megève (French pronunciation: [məʒɛv]) is a commune in the Haute-Savoie department in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in south-eastern France with a population of over 4,000 residents. The town is well-known due to its popularity as a ski resort near Mont-Blanc in the French Alps. Conceived in the 1920s as a French alternative to Saint-Moritz by the Rothschilds, it was the first purpose-built resort in the Alps. Originally it was a prime destination for the French aristocracy. It remains one of the most famous and fanciest ski resorts in the world. [Source: Wikipedia]
Activities I’ve experienced:
- an activity I enjoyed VERY much was taking a flight over Mont Blanc: https://www.aerocime.com
- Another activity I experienced and highly recommend is Hiking in Megeve! We’ve done a couple of hikes, and different trails! Heres a website you could follow to plan your hikes and checkout the trails: http://megeve.com/noesit/!/fiche/balade-le-creux-saint-jean-et-la-cascade-de-la-belle-aux-bois-85275/
- Biking in Megeve was a super fun activity as well and is highly recommended: https://www.philippe-sports.com
That said, there were also plenty of activities such as picnics, river walks, other trails for hikes, sky diving and so on. Also, if you’re seeking a relaxing time there are the Spa and amazing quietness with lovelies views where you could enjoy a heated pool or reading a book.
Megeve is known for its freshly made products from farming and from the mountain, where everybody works so hard in summer, to get all their harvest ready for winter.
Restaurants Ive tried in Megeve:
- Isabelle Vigliengo Les Glacons De Megeve: http://megeve.com/noesit/!/fiche/isabelle-vigliengo-les-glacons-de-megeve-290599/
- We had fresh lake fish for lunch in a Lakeside restaurant, Lac de Javen, REALLY good!: http://megeve.com/noesit/!/fiche/lac-de-javen-167893/
- Flocons de Sel in the center of megeve: https://www.floconsdesel.com/en/fine-dining/bistro-in-the-heart-of-the-village.html
I’ve asked someone from the tourism board to send me some french music so I could add them to my videos… here are the recommendations I really liked them:
Thank you Megève !